Weekend Receptionist Position Available
Work in the fun and interesting setting of a nature discovery and environmental learning center!
The weekend front desk receptionist should facilitate a positive visitor experience by creating a warm and welcoming, family friendly, professional, engaging, and organized atmosphere; with the key aim of retaining and attracting new members.
- Arrives prior to the building opening to the public – preps the museum space, turning on lights and unlocking the doors. Reception needs to be staffed at all times throughout the day.
- Welcomes all visitors by greeting them, checks in members, and maintains accurate attendance information.
- Cashiering – admissions, memberships, donations, etc.
- Directs visitors to exhibits, trials, animals, playground, and gives information about public programs and activities.
- Must be friendly and courteous - answers phones and directs calls to appropriate party - including voicemail, paging the building, and hand written notes when necessary.
- Coordinates birthday parties; creates welcome signs, greets family and shows them the room, goes over the instructions and introduces them to the Animal Hall staff.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as asked.
Skills and qualifications: Professional and courteous manner (in person, on the telephone or via e-mail), very comfortable speaking with the public, customer service experience, attention to detail, proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with database systems, comfort and ease when answering multi-line phone system, friendly verbal communication style, able to transition from one task to the next quickly and accurately, comfortable learning about the organization and informing others of programs.
Hours: Saturday 8:45am-5:15pm, Sunday 12:45-4:15pm –okay to apply if only available one of the two days.
Bonus skills: Experience with answering questions about nature, wildlife, the environment, and is comfortable around animals.
Please send cover letter and resume to Sara Cronquist at email@example.com. No calls please.
In compliance with all federal and state legislation and regulations regarding non-discrimination, Earthplace does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, expression and characteristics, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, visible or invisible disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Summer Camp Counselors
Earthplace Summer Camp offers nature and science-based camp programs for children in pre-school through grade 9.
If you are interested in working Summer 2015 for next year please conatct Earthplace in January 2015.