Celebrate your child’s next birthday at Earthplace! You and your guests will have a private room as your party headquarters, a Naturalist-led program of your choice, and access to all of Earthplace including the Animal Hall, Natureplace, the playground, and the trails.
We offer nature and science-themed programs for children turning 3 and older. All birthday parties include a 3-hour room rental.
Call (203) 557 4400 ext. 0 or email Sara Cronquist to book your party today!
How it works:
Pick a day: Saturday or Sunday (1:00pm-4:00pm only)
Pick a time: 9:30am-12:30pm or 1:00-4:00pm
Pick a Naturalist-led program.
Programs are limited to 20 children per program. If you would like to hold a party for more than 20 children please schedule two Naturalist Programs (price provided at time of booking). Any additional program(s) will be held after the first (not simultaneously).
Parties for children turning 3 and 4
Birthday Party and Naturalist Program fee $280 for non-members, $230 for members. Program lasts 30 minutes.
Critter Encounter – This party is all about getting up close with animals. You’ll get to meet with an Earthplace Naturalist before your party to decide which animals you would like to see. Once your guests arrive you’ll learn all about your chosen animals and everyone will get a chance to pet them.
Marvelous Mammals – Learn all about the furry, friendly mammals of Earthplace. You and your guests will read a story and meet a few of the mammals from the Earthplace Animal Hall
Rockin’ Reptiles – Do you love snakes, turtles, and lizards? During our reptile party you’ll meet a few of our resident reptiles and read a story all about reptiles.
Parties for children turning 5 and older
Birthday Party and Naturalist Program fee Critter Encounter or Safari - $300 for non-members $250 for members. Program lasts 50 minutes.
Young Scientists - $325 for non-members, $275 for members. Program lasts 50 minutes.
Limited to 20 children. If you would like to hold a party for more than 20 children please schedule two programs. Any additional program(s) will be held after the first (not simultaneously).
Critter Encounter – This party is all about getting up close with the animals. You’ll get to meet with an Earthplace Naturalist before your party to decide which animals you would like to see. Once your guests arrive you’ll get to learn all about your chosen animals and everyone will get a chance to pat them.
Safari – Go on a scavenger hunt through the Animal Hall and Connecticut Birds of Prey Exhibit in search of critters of all kinds. Can you find the bird that’s 30 years old? An animal without any bones? Or a mammal that eats only insects? At the end of your search you’ll get to meet and learn about three different animals.
Young Scientists – This party is great for young scientists looking to do some hands-on experiments. We’ll have fun making slime, building bubbly rockets, and inflating a balloon without blowing - all while learning a bit about the physics and chemistry in our everyday lives. Activities will vary by age.
Can’t decide which theme to choose for your party? Pick two! For children turning 5 and older you may choose to add-on an additional 30 minutes of Naturalist-led programming to your party.
All Add-Ons are $30 Program length is 30 minutes.
Critter Encounter – Meet two of the animals from the Animal Hall.
Safari – Go on a scavenger hunt in the Animal Hall and Birds of Prey Exhibit.
Young Scientists – Participate in two science-themed activities.
Nature Walk – Take a hike around the Swamp Loop trail, stopping to look for animals at the pond and stream.
Naturalist-led Birthday Party Rental Information:
- A private space for your party.
- A Naturalist-led program (if applicable).
- Tables and chairs (four 2.5 x 5ft tables, two 2.5 x 3.5ft tables, two 2.5 x 8ft tables, 40 chairs, additional tables and chairs available upon request).
- A small kitchen space with refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave, and sink.
- Trash bins and cleaning supplies for tidying up after the party is over.
Payment and Refunds:
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking to hold your party date.
- Full payment is required at least 48 hours prior to the party.
- You may reschedule your party to another available date at any time prior to your scheduled party time.
- You may request a refund of the total party fee minus the $100 deposit at any time prior to your scheduled party time.
- All children must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times, including during the Naturalist-led program.
- No more than 20 children may attend each Naturalist-led program. Children younger than 2 are not included in this total. If you would like to hold a party for more than 20 children please schedule two programs. Any additional program(s) will be held after the first (not simultaneously).
- All food and beverages must remain in the party room.
- No alcoholic beverages may be served at your party.
- If you choose to hang decorations on the walls please use masking tape or Velcro. Do not use tacks, duct tape, or other materials that may damage the walls. No balloons please!Please return the party room to the state in which you found it. We ask all groups to remove any decorations, wipe down the tables, sweep the floor, bag their trash and leave it by the door. Cleaning supplies will be clearly labeled and stored in the kitchen. NO BALOONS PLEASE!
- Your party time includes set-up and clean-up time. Please do not arrive before your scheduled time. Party groups still occupying a room more than 20 minutes after the end of their party will be charged for an additional hour of room rental ($75).
- Birthday party groups using the rooms are responsible for any loss or damage to the facility or its equipment. Any group or user violating the above policies may be asked to leave and/or denied future use of room space.